JAMAICA PROJECT 2017
Join Trade-Works as we send out a team to the beautiful country, Jamaica! Here's why Jamaica needs your help:
- The poverty rate is 16.5% and increasing, the majority are women and children.
- Youth unemployment rate is 38% - more than twice the national rate.
- 18% of pregnancies occur amongst teenagers, increasing the high school dropout rate.
Teaching a skilled trade, promoting self-sustainability and empowering Jamaica's most vulnerable youth is necessary for this country.
On this trip you will be amongst a group of like-minded people in the beautiful areas of Kingston, and Westmoreland Jamaica. With your Trade-Team, we will be holding our Trade-Workshops for the cosmetology and barbering industries. Together, the team will connect with local communities and individuals in need, establish relationships and leave an attainable solution. Days off, Imagine white sand beaches, tropical waterfalls, di best jerk chicken ya ever had -
As a man sow, shall he reap. and I know that talk is cheap. But the heat of the battle is as sweet as the victory." Bob Marley
:: Please read the following before clicking on the application link below ::
Tentative Mission Itinerary
The purpose of Trade-Trips
The ultimate goal of Trade Trips is to bridge the gap between professionals like yourself and under resourced youth. The volunteer led workshops further Trade-Works Foundation’s global mission to empower youth to create sustainable careers and in return living more fulfilling lives. Trade Trip participants do this by:
- Leading hands-on workshops or volunteering on a Trade Trip.
- Donating supplies for a Trade Trip.
- Spreading the word
Trip costs and payments
Please review the trip information page before applying for a trip or making a payment.
Health and safety
Work assignments usually involve some physical activity: sometimes at high altitudes, hot climates and humidity. Team members must be in good physical health in order go join a Trade-Trip.
International travel always entails some degree of the unknown. All Trade-Works team members participate at their own risk.
:: Application timeline ::
- Application is required
- You will need to have someone (co-worker, boss, teacher, mentor) fill out our recommendation form. Click Here for the recommendation form.
- Once your application is submitted you will receive a confirmation letter.
- There is a mandatory deposit of $350
- You will be notified of your status
- Selection is not on a first-come basis.
:: What the application includes ::
- Code of conduct
- Basic info
- Get to know you (short answer questions)
- Self-evaluation questions
- Personal Information
- Trade information
- Don’t forget to submit your recommendation letter